OT: Aldi air stuff back inc air line

Wotcher all, from Sunday Aldi are doing the air compressor and tools again, timely in my case as the crappy impact wrench died a week ago so I'll just get another one and not mislay the guarantee details this time.

The air line on a retractable reel is back though, Â 41uid for a very good reel that I've seen elsewhere for over 100 quid. Even if you don't want the cheap tools, the air line on the reel is worth the splash.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Hmm, strange characters seem to have crept in there, it was something around the 40 quid mark.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I just got the email flyer too, looks great value but in reality is the gear any good? An air impact wrench would have come in very useful this weekend as I was fitting a winch bumper and steering guard to my D1 and some of the bolts were damn hard to shift!!

Reply to
Andy

Thier stuff isn't bad, but it doesn't stand up to very heavy use. And most of it is covered by a 3 year guarantee - however I have yet to use this so I don't know how good the guarantee is.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I've been told take it back within the guarantee period if you have the receipt

They'll give you your money back

They never have replacement items -;((

I got myself a 12V impact Wrench from machine mart for not much over 20 quid recently

It shifted the wheel nuts on a Disco

Comes with 4 impact sockets , they don't fit the Disco nuts tho'

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

The impact wrench isn't very powerful, it won't shift the wheelnuts on my Pinzgauer as the wrench will only do up to about 150Nm IIRC, not enough to undo properly torqued pinz wheelnuts. Also I've only used it about 15 times and it's died, but if I still had the warranty slip I'd be able to get my cash back. I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

The compressor is fairly low capacity and can't handle things like the air drill (which is crap), the air ratchet also scoffs air and is incredibly noisy, slow and less powerful than the impact wrench. The saw isn't up to much either, certainly not metal, but I might try it on wood when I'm redoing my shed roof later this year.

The impact wrench, air hose on a reel and compressor itself are worth it though. It reduced one job of mine down to about a third of its normal duration, and is a useful cheap way to start learning about air tools.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Really good in my experience.

Just go back to the shop with the dead 'whatever' and your receipt and you get your cash back, no questions asked.

Reply to
William Black

I Bought the compressor last time around along with a few tools including the nail gun which was fantastic when I built my workshop. Only problem I had was the connector on the end of the airline leaked from new. I phoned the helpline and they sent me a second complete airline and didn't want the old one back. I actually used the leaky airline as an extension. I found that if I carefully position the join and weight it down it doesn't leak.

I also bought a circular saw from them about four years ago, it packed up after 2.5 years of quite heavy DIY use. No problem, phoned the helpline, fax us the receipt and copy of the handbook cover they said, then they sent out a new complete saw in less than a week and again did not want the old one back. Good result that, as I also gained a new blade :-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

???

save a tenner and buy it new

Reply to
Al Clarke

Hello Ian matey just popped by for a quick rant about that one eyed scottish tw*ts gang but re the impact wrench when you get your new un which is likely to be identical contact the customer service per the manual for the new one and ask nicely if they can supply a new seal which 9 times out of ten is what knackers them, the CS were very helpful and I got mine foc last year when the compressor gasket fried . What caused my impact to go titsup was putting the wrong oil in! works OK now .

DerekW

Reply to
DerekW