OT - battery chargers

I'm looking for a battery charger system (for little batteries, not car batteries).

What I want is not the nice cute curvy chargers from Uniross and the like that I can get from anywhere on the high street. What I want is a modular system that I can wall mount in the garage with, ideally, one power supply and the ability to daisy chain / star different size chargers. I would like to be able to hold approx 12-16 AA's at any one time, plus 8 of the bigger D (?) cells (Maglite size) and probably one for a couple of the square 9 volt cells.

What I don't want is 6 or 8 separate chargers to do this.

I also want to use NiMH cells. I'm happy to buy a full set of matching cells along with the chargers. It needs to be an intelligent system that won't overcharge the batteries if they are left on charge for weeks on end.

Anyone got any ideas?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs