OT : Bloody Cars

Becky collected her brand new Seat Ibiza sport 1.9Tdi today.

Its done 35 miles, and the emissions warning light has come on on the dash.

The AA are coming out to see if they can see what the fault code reads....

Cock.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

More than likey a hose dropped off, or not secure, or split..

Had a number of modern cars that have had emission warning lights come on and its always been hoses.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

My wifes Polo keeps throwing a wobly. VW say oh yes its the weather. just ignore it !!

Reply to
4x4v6

Never mind the AA, get it back to the shop! It's brand bloody new!

Reply to
Rich B

Tried that - They were closed when i rang on sat, closed sunday, so its going back 1st thing Monday. We were ment to be going to the BTCC at donny in it, but we'll take my car now - dont trust this new one now.

The bloody windscreen is bonded in, but is not bonded correctly at the drivers side top so you can hear air rushing in when you drive.

Not the best start.... :(

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I'd be inclined to reject the whole vehicle and demand another. Don't accept any repairs, I believe your rights to reject change if you do. The scene is set with this one - it'll be one thing after another now. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

I tend to agree with Tony. The car is new enough to reject outright as not fit for purpose/not suitable quality or whatever. If you start accepting repairs now it needs to be on the basis that you are not happy with the quality of the vehicle, and that they have a limited time - say 2 weeks - to put everything right to your complete satisfaction, or you will reject the vehicle. And put it in writing. And keep records of phone calls, times, dates, etc. You may be very glad you did.

You've paid for a new car, but they are in effect giving you a repaired one (assuming they do in fact repair the faults). Do you want that?

Reply to
Rich B

I would reject it & get another matey. It's not fit for purpose from new.

Reply to
Nige

IIRC he said he was getting rid of it, so I suspect the "AA to read the fault code" bit is to give him some extra fist-banging material.

Sounds like he needs a nice reliable manufacturer who finish their cars before they ship them, like Land Rover! Hmm....

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Problem is that the Sport in a Tdi is a factory order, and we waited 9 weeks for this one to turn up...

Ill see what happens on Monday.

Joy.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

In message , 4x4v6 writes

Fairly typical of VW these days.

Reply to
hugh

Demand a loan car til the next one turns up. Is it not worth waiting another 9 weeks rather than have a problem car for the next 2 or 3 years?

Reply to
hugh

Update -

Hose clip came off somewhere so to much air was getting, therefore making the lambda sensor have a fit.

Fixed - For now.......... :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Windscreen (Obviously designed by an ex landrover designer) ?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

My experience of VW's is that once they get a few months outside the 3 year warranty every fecking thing starts to drop off!, in the 8 months since my warranty expired the following has happened:

Air con. shot, =A380 spent on recharging lasted a whole 2 months!. Front seat belt both stopped retracting properly. Left window goes part way up then comes down again on a cold day Boot central locking broke with a bit rattling around inside. More suspension bushes going (one fell out on a motorway just a month inside warranty) Headlamp seal gone, full of water and the latest, the synchro on second is getting dodgy 8-(.

They seem to be absolute masters of making cars just last the warranty and no more.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Just goes to show what good engineers they are! The optimist says the glass is half full, the pessimist says it's half empty, and the engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. Tell them the car is to have a 3-year warranty and they'll design it to last for

3 years ;-)
Reply to
Ian Rawlings