OT: Bloody Windoze!!

I know we have some knowledgable computer techie types on this group so I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction to solve this one.

I've started getting an error message when I try to do certain things on my pc (AMD Athlon/WinXpPro). It's been happening when I try to run some games and today it happened when I tried to install some new printer drivers. The error message is:-

C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS or Microsft Windows applications. Choose "Close" to terminate the application". I then have two buttons to choose from marked "CLOSE" and "IGNORE". Whichever one I click on it terminates.

Ideas anyone?

PS: Apologies for the OT subject. I'll try to find a Land Rover related question for the next one ;-)

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

Forget it guys (and gals). It would help if I looked to see if the file was actually in the system folder, wouldn't it?

Problem sorted!

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG