OT: Crime stats per country

Interesting site! Pick your crime off the list and compare countries.

This following link is for murders committed by youths, we're #53 out of 57 (although Scotland is #32), check out other crimes by picking off the list.

Their sources are the World Health Organisation, so hopefully impartial.

Also an overview for the UK;

Mind you we're 2nd of of 20 for assault while scoring very low for murder, typical, our criminals are so pathetic compared to other countries ;-)

On the summary page, take the position (e.g. 2nd out of 20) with a mild pinch of salt, as the position is often different when you look at the stats.

Some interesting stats there, we appear to be in the top 5 at drugs, fraud, and stuff like that, while the worst country in the world for burglary (per capita) is.... Australia!

We're also really good at prosecuting Women, well, women's lib and all that ;-) Mind you that's not per capita, but we're still far ahead of the pack on locking up the ladies.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings