OT: Disgusting behaviour.

I agree, it was a very stupid thing to do with passengers onboard, the fact that your children had too see the swear-word and may have been frightened by the bus drivers driving and flashing his lights is cause enough to complain. I always thought bus drivers were supposed to be above this sort of behaviour!

Reply to
Wolverine

[..]

Yes, but _they_ are _fuckwits_ - go re-read www.f****it.info Their job in life is to make your life less nice. Award mental f****it cards to these fuckwits.

IMO and all that :-)

Reply to
Mother

That's funny, I do a similar thing with idiot car drivers when I'm in my bus.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Returning home from visiting my son for the long weekend (Anzac Day) I was driving "with all due care and attention" at the speed limit of 100kph (Landrover110 with trailer, using cruise control), as there were supposed to be police everywhere, and penalty points on your licence doubled for the weekend. Most of the road is winding two lane. Less than five kilometres from the start I was followed closely and then passed by a car whose driver obviously thought the speed limit was too low for him. He passed as soon as he could not see traffic coming towards him - the reason he couldn't see any being a blind corner with a double white line! Close shave, but he got away with it. Later on the trip spent about five kilometres with a yellow B-Double (prime mover with two trailers on turntables) two metres from the back of the trailer until he got an opportunity to pass - those things are supposed to have 100kph speed limiters. (Oh! didn't see a single police car on the whole five hour trip) JD

Reply to
JD

On or around Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:40:49 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

I want one of those LED moving-message signs in the back window, pre-progammed with suitable bon mots.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They sell them at Halfords I believe.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

On or around Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:14:51 +0100, "Wolverine" enlightened us thusly:

don't you believe it, a mate and I were nearly run down by one of wet mudlands travel's double-deckers runnign a red light in brum once.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:15:48 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

I find it quite therapeutic to swear at them from the safety of my vehicle, safe in the knowledge that they can't hear me...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Seems to be ok for the Local government at election time.

"VOTE MUFFLE"

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The offence is "Wanton and furious driving" , there is also a offence under section 4 of the Public order act of intentionally causing harassment alarm or distress. I'm sure there will be further offences equally as applicable but its like 2 bites at the cherry.

Where were you when it happened?

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

in article c6mdcp$dnc00$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-160280.news.uni-berlin.de, David French at snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net wrote on 27/4/04 8:47 pm:

That's why we always go to Kent to visit Mum at night. The last day time ride down there to my brothers wedding ended up taking nearly 6 hours because they had shut the bridge at the Dartford crossing due to high winds.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article c6mdhp$dh7eo$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-160280.news.uni-berlin.de, David French at snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net wrote on 27/4/04 8:50 pm:

Not a very good job then?

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

You'd be creating a derivative work, which would still fall foul of copyright law.

Sorry.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Try it here and you're likely to get a bullet through your window or worse - especially if the other car is driven by someone of Middle Eastern (or Pacific Islander) appearance.

Ron Emu Plains, Australia

"Mother"

Reply to
The Becketts

Ron,

Trust the eye is getting better ;-)

Neil

Neil Brownlee

I'd complain if I were you. I've only done this once myself - after being overtaken by a Royal Mail van while there was a stream of oncoming traffic!

Reply to
QrizB

The police, or the PO?

Reply to
QrizB

Would it not have been more thoughtful to slow to let him pass... even though you considered his driving to be poor... particularly with a fully laden coach... letting him get back into a safer situation as quickly as possible. You would have avoided all the aggression and you both would have had a pleasanter and safer journey home.

kari

Reply to
karibou-fisher

What a load of utter horseshit, how in the name of sanity do you work it out that way? You MUST be a high court judge with a viewpoint like that.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Or maybe just somebody giving sensible advice to the likes of thee and me with the short fuses.

Reply to
GbH