OT elecy in your shed, competition

Ok, I'll try.........

"BTW, I find matchsticks bork: nials are much betterer"

"As an aside, I find that wooden matchsticks have a tendency to splinter and break when inserted into the socket, and that nails are a far more eloquent solution the problem."

Reply to
SimonJ

The message from "SimonJ" contains these words:

I wish I had your way with words, you smooth-talking Land Rollerer.

Rusty SIIA SWB

Reply to
Jaques d'Alltrades

SimonJ wibbled:

I used the blunt end of a cable tie to stick into the earth socket to open the shield so I could get a 2 pin plug into a 3 pin socket a couple of weeks ago. I don't know why students expect me to fix their laptops without a proper power supply, but they do.

Reply to
davebudd

Don't. When we started to investigate the kitchen in our last house we discovered it were eggs ackly like that, including the eclectic oven wot were jbexing off an ordinary 13A plug; TAAW the lights in the eggs tension and downstairs W.C. We decided to have the whole thing rewired.

Reply to
Sena

Given the cross-post (where did that come from, BTW?) are we torqueing 13A plugses or spark plugses?

Reply to
Sena

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.sheds, Sena said ...

At least I've only got 13 trailing sockets off the single socket under my desk, and one of those is empty cos nowt will fit next to the timer plug.

Reply to
Fenny