OT: FS: 100 Slabs

OT, but possibly relevant.

For Sale, 100 or so (cba to count them properly) concrete slabs, 2' by 2' by

2" thick. Decent slabs suitable for driveways, hard-standings etc. I'm caretaker at a school where these were used to build a temporary roadway for lorries to get over part of a football field, they're now of no further use. They're extremely heavy, hard to handle, some are broken, some have concrete/cement/football field still attached to them, but the majority are absolutely fine.

I won't help load them or deliver them. Anyone wanting them wil have to arrange collection evenings and weekends only.

Open to reasonable offers, proceeds to school funds. If I've heard nothing within a week from the four newsgroups I regularly (ish) post to, I'll stick 'em on ebay. We just want rid.

Pics of them here ...

Paul - xxx

Paul - xxx came up with the following;:

Bad form and all that, sorry, but the slabs are in Doncaster area, South Yorkshire, about three miles from M18 Junction 4 . My reply email address is not munged, but please post to newsgroup as I only use it as a throwaway for Usenet and rarely check it.

Cheers.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

If you wernt so far away i'd have had em :(

Reply to
Tom Woods

Where are you?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mary Fisher came up with the following;:

Doncaster. Approx 3 miles from M18 Junction 4.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Sorry don't want the slabs but nice pics of Langdale Quest on your link :-) When did you go?

Reply to
Andy

Andy came up with the following;:

LOL, er ... dunno. Late last year, probably September/October. Kids love it, wife likes it, I think it's great and isn't too strenuous when teaching swmbo how to drive off-road. You _know_ that underlying most of the mud on the non-extreme tracks is a decent base and she/we just won't get stuck unless we do something really stupid.

We've been a few times now we enjoy it so much.

Mind, we also have now started competing in Tyro's and will be doing an RTV later this year, we think. All pretty non-damaging stuff so far, really as we still need the Disco as our main vehicle this year. Next year will be a bit different, when we intend to make it into a bit more of a true off-road animal. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Paul - xxx ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yeh, but the extreme tracks are where the fun is...

Trouble is, last time we were up there swmbo bent the car - exited one woody bit with 30deg of camber and 30deg of toe-in...

Reply to
Adrian

We're interested but can't manage the lot - and don't need as many as that. Would you be prepared for a part offer? Perhaps they've gone by now ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher