OT: Germany

Have sourced a set of wheels that I would like, trouble is that they are in Germany, which makes postage unfeasible. Was wondering if anyone was heading out there or knew anyone that was coming back that could collect them. That or any bright ideas on how to resolve the problem

Many Thanks

Graham

101GS
Reply to
Graham G

Sis was toying with Lux. at Easter... How close is this ?

Would have to check if it's still on... are we talking 101 wheels?? as they are a little on the big side... try also in the yahoo group as a few members come to the unofficial events from Germany and may be persuaded for beer tokens...cos they are like that :-) ....hic.....

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

I've had three sets of Unimog rims for my 101's sent from Germany and the shipping cost wasn't very expensive (from memory, the rims were 50 euros each including shipping from Westenthanner).

Malcolm.

Reply to
balloons

Germany is a flipping big country. I live 20 mins from part of it though. If they are anywhere near Trier, I might be able to help. I should be over to England with Eurotunnel this or next month.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

About 6 weeks?

(sorry, couldn't resist...) :-)

Reply to
Mother

Twas Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:36:42 +0000 when Mother put finger to keyboard producing:

damn, another tea-soaked keyboard.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Yahoo group wouldn't let me join for some reason.

Talking Unimog wheels and tyres, so yeah quite sizeable.

Cheers

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

These are with tyres too so a fair bit heavier. What courier was that with??

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

They are in : D-66121 Saarbrücken, if that means anything to you. I have to confess, I'm not sure where abouts that is, and I can't find my atlas.

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

Yeah - but we're talking different beasts really...

Graham, please try to resubscribe - mention to the mod that you're a nice chap and I'm sure he'll let you in (I don't know why you've been refused - but I'm sure it's nothing personal) :-)

Reply to
Mother

Yeah I had problems subscribing so I emailed jon 109 direct and made some threats about sending a hippy around with a can of purple....

seemed to work.

:-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

S'all right Graham, you're not missing much I'm in it, and AFL is WAY better - the response time here is measured in minutes, the group's is measured in days.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

"Graham G" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c2aopi$1sf$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com...

I live in north Germany, i cannot help you in that way bzt if you deceide to send them over then don´t use the German Post, use a currier service, for example "German Parcel Service" they are much cheaper.

Ging G G

Reply to
Ging Gang Gooley

Are you calling me 'a round hippy'????

I'm not _that_ round, just padded, for comfort...

John does drop in here from time to time and is actually a pretty nice chap (he also writes for a rather good landie mag and is not adverse to, erm, purple...) :-)

Reply to
Mother

Twas Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:43:31 +0000 (UTC) when "Graham G" put finger to keyboard producing:

It's south east of Luxembourg, about 50 miles.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Cheers Steve, feel a bit better now. Was still a bit pissed off that they chose to reject my application, B*****DS. Its a bit like sending one of those credit card applications off because you happen to feel like it, no great desire for the card, get turned down and suddenly you really wanted one. ...might be just me though :o)

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

Very nice of you to say so :o)

I might sometime, to be honest I was only joining for the sake of interest, really not that bothered. Besides AFL has been able to answer practically all my queries and many others I hadn't even thought of.

Cheers

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

LOL :o)

Reply to
Graham G

Ok, thanks for the advice

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

On or around Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:54:43 +0000 (UTC), "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

I sent one in with honestº income and wotever figures on it, and they

*still* occasionally send me applications...

º was hoping they'd piss off.

Reply to
Austin Shackles