OT: - Highest fuel prices across the UK

Given it's a time of political turmoil...

Just noticed that Unleaded breached 90p per litre here. Any similar horror stories?

And if my Ambi is seen at the front of a slow moving convoy down a motorway it's probably not voluntary

:0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Is that a money grabbing conglomorate like BP, or is it an independent? Round 'ere, the independents tend to charge about 3-4p more than the nationals, and they're teetering at 89.9p...

Paul

Reply to
Pacman

Funny enough yes it's BP. on a519 next to Junct 15 M6. I only paid particular attention as they were having the forecourt ripped up last week and I was living in hope they may be having LPG installed to save me treking across the city.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:45:13 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

's much the same here. diesel's over 90, unleaded might be 89.9, but I've not looked.

LPG 39.9 still at the local garage.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Diesel. A428 - Northants. 98.9p / litre

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

On the upside, Tesco own brand vegetable oil down to 44p a litre in 3 l bottles, that 10p less than the same stuff from Sainsbury.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

Just thought I'd add................ diesel at 94p!!!!!!! Here in sunny Cornwall, where the wages are pretty naff and public transport is even worse! Regards, Denise (Mark Varley's other half!)

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

Dee Varley

is it 94? I do try not to look...

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Fopping heck, it's leapt up then 87.9 the last lot I bought (Tesco, Carlisle, 2 weeks ago). Mind you I'm not surprised crude is now more per barrel than it was last Oct/Nov.

I don't look at the two local garages, they are generally 5 to 10p more than a normal station or supermarket. No competition, only fuel within about 20 miles...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Just don't look at the prices in the far North West of Scotland, then - Scourie/Kinlochbervie for example.

During the peak of about four years ago I was paying around 98p/litre for unleaded. It'll be up at those levels again I imagine.

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:21:12 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

although the component in the price for the actual crude oil is tiny.

when you consider that about 50ppl is tax, the remaining 40p covers retailer's profit, refinery costs and refiner's profit, shipping costs, extraction costs...

and only the last bit is directly related to the crude price, I expect. Maybe the crude price is as delivered to the refinery, not ex-wellhead, I dunno...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Around 19p/l a litre at the begining of the month. Brent Crude @ $57/barrel, $1.90/=A3 (todays rate, gosh getting such that a trip to the= US is a nice cheap one), 159/l barrel. Brent Crude is now down at $50/barrel or 16.5p/l (ish).

So we have for:

Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel: 90 - 19 - 47.1 =3D 23.9p/l Ordinary Diesel: 90 - 19 - 53.27 =3D 17.73p/l

For all the other "costs". Not sure if you can get ordinary diesel these days and if you can is it the same price as ULSD?

Crude is a "commodity", it's price is far more influenced by how the markets and the futures market envisage demand, supply and the world situation (is the US going to beat up another Middle East country?) than boring things like how much is costs to extract.

I'm not sure why the price is so high ATM. I know late last year it was down to the Iraq war and hurricanes reducing production in the Gulf of Mexico and demand getting very close to the (artifical) supply limit.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

LPG still 29.9 here at the local JET forecourt....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:58:52 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

and in Morrisons down in Port Talbot, last time I was there.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

96 ppl at aQ8 garage on the A149 near Potter Heigham Norfolk last weekend. TonyB
Reply to
TonyB

Reply to
dale hammond