OT Ice road truckers

Anyone seen a landie out there yet.

I've not spotted one.

Reply to
Larry

Nah, no point really the pickups they run as service vehicles are twice the size.

Interesting series mind.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sat, 23 Feb 2008 22:22:45 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

is this the same series that I found on youtube a bit back?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Same idea, newer documentary style more sort of parrot on the shoulder eye view.

Reply to
Lee_D

In article , Lee_D writes

It would have made a really good one-off documentary, but they're dragging it out a bit to make a series.

Given they've only got a few hours of daylight to film in, I'm amazed they've got as much exterior footage as they have.

I'm also baffled by the 'speeding' issue: I can see how deadly it could be, so you'd think they'd all have cruise controls or similar fitted, rather than leave it to chance.

Likewise brake lines etc. Why are they using what appear to be standard NA rigs, without any special mods. to cope with the cold weather?

What do the military do to winterize their heavy transports?

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Not stop.

:-)

They seem to have alot of trouble with brakes on trailers.

Reply to
Lee_D