Ot ish - Video Cameras

Evening

Im thinking of getting this -

I want to use it mainly for recording my mountain bike, but thought that it might be good to mount on the dash of the defender.

Does anyone have any experience of this kinda thing?

I like this one as its waterproof, and records Avi files straight onto an SD card.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I have no experience of/connections with either, but you might like to look here also:

Dougal

From what i can see, they all need another video camera, and act just as a lens...

The other one has an SD slot built in, and records onto that.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Dougal uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Didn't see any dogs, we have dog cams at work which are fine till mutley starts barking or sniffing someones arse. Be interesting to see what civil liberty groups make of that. ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I have clamped a conventional video camera to the dash of my series 3.

Reply to
Larry

That makes them rather different animals! I hadn't got round to reading the details.

'Yours' looks like being an Oregon Scientific product which is not mentioned on their UK site but does appear on the US one with a typically US price. At today's exchange rate we're being ripped off(again).

No stock there either - they've all gone to Iraq!

Reply to
Dougal

I agree. They actually tested this camera on tonights Gadget Show with impressive results (UK Channel 5). They threw it out of a window into a large waterfeature, retrieved the camera, took out the SD card and played the footage including some underwater.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Reed