OT: MS office 97 cd?

Hi all, I'm trying to load office 2003 upgrade onto my new laptop (it's been un-installed from old one) but it's asking me to put in the old office CD to verify use of the upgrade. Now that's fair enough, but I can't find my office 97 CD anywhere, last known place was my sons bedroom... Does anyone have a CD or ISO I could have for some beer tokens?

I was hoping to stick with open office on my new laptop, but calc is doing strange things to my CSV files....

Thanks alot!

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

On or around Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:27:29 -0800 (PST), "Andrew T." enlightened us thusly:

I do, but buggered if I know where it is, though. Would an ISO work?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There's nothing special about the 97 install CD, so burning a copy from an ISO should work. I vaguely remember installing from an ISO mounted in Virtual CloneDrive, but ICBW.

Hope this helps. If necessary, I can make an ISO available when I get back home from Italy on Monday.

Reply to
John Williamson

Thanks Austin & John,

Yes I think an ISO would work, saves all the hassle of posting too. I can send you log-in details of my ftp site if you'd prefer not to host it yourself.

Cheers, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

It probably only needs access to a couple of files on the disc, possibly even just the volume name.

Does anyone know the actual requirements? It may save Andrew a lot of effort and we'd get him going sooner.

Reply to
Dougal

ISO here:-

But only until Saturday morning. To install it, you'd need a valid Serial Number, of course, but you should be OK if it's just to prove you've got a copy.

Reply to
John Williamson

They cancelled mine as well, can't be bothered as I'm out of the UK, I'll just install the cut down version of Star Office that's free.

Reply to
William Black

Thank you John! Saves me alot of hassle. Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

John,

I've now downloaded it, so you can delete asap. Thanks again, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

You're welcome. Link no longer exists.

Reply to