OT: Multi-system virus warning

This came from an OS/2 site (OS/2 so far has had no viruses, but this one affects it, and will even infect RISC-OS systems!)

***Begin report***

There is a dangerous virus being passed electronically, orally and by hand. This virus is called Worm-Overload-Recreational-Killer (WORK). If you receive WORK from any of your colleagues, your boss or anyone else via any means DO NOT TOUCH IT. This virus will wipe out your private life completely.

If you should come into contact with WORK put your jacket on and take two good friends to the nearest bar. Purchase the antidote known as Work-Isolator-Neutralizer-Extractor (WINE) or Bothersome-Employer-Eliminator-Rebooted (BEER). Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

You should forward this warning to 5 friends. If you do not have 5 friends, you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your Life.

***End report***

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

On or around Sat, 20 May 2006 09:12:18 +0200, Srtgray enlightened us thusly:

batsard, you had me there for a minute.

reminds me of the thing about all staff being required to take Special High Intensity Training... hmm, that's got to be on the web somewhere...

yep, loads of 'em...

TO: All Employees From: Management Subject: Special High Intensity Training

In order to assure the highest levels of quality work and productivity from employees, it will be our policy to keep all employees welltrained through our progrom of Special High Intensity Training (S.H.I.T.). We are trying to give employees more S.H.I.T. than anyone else.

If you feel that you do not receive your share of S.H.I.T. on the job, please see your manager. You will be immediately placed at the top of the S.H.I.T. list, and our managers are especially skilled at seeing that you get all the S.H.I.T. you can handle.

Employees who don't take their S.H.I.T. will be placed in Departmental Employee Evaluation Programs (D.E.E.P S.H.I.T.). Those who fail to take D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T. seriously will have to go to Eployee Attitude Training (E.A.T. S.H.I.T.). Since our managers took S.H.I.T. before they were promoted, they don't have to do S.H.I.T. anymore, and are all full of S.H.I.T. already.

If you are full of S.H.I.T., you may be interested in a job training others. We can add your name to our Basic Understanding Lecture List. (B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T.).

Those who are full of B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T. will get the S.H.I.T.jobs, and can apply for promotion to Director Of Intensity Programming (D.I.P. S.H.I.T.).

If you have further questions, please direct them to our Head Of Training, Special High Intensity Training (H.O.T.S.H.I.T.).

Thank you, Boss In General, Special High Intensity Training (B.I.G. S.H.I.T.)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That's going round my workplace on Monday. Thanks.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

|| reminds me of the thing about all staff being required to take || Special High Intensity Training... hmm, that's got to be on the web || somewhere...

Reminds me of the time a group of us wanted to rename our school South Hunsley Institute of Technology (lots of big schools were trying for college status at the time, so it wasn't that unusual). Took the head nearly a week to realise what we had set him up for.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Richard Brookman nearly made me spill my Shiraz on 20/05/2006 13:51 by writing:

This thread cannot be allowed to continue without mention of the plan to rename Newcastle Polytechnic to

City University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cunningham

RISC OS systems, LOL!

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

On or around Sat, 20 May 2006 17:33:53 +0100, Andy Cunningham enlightened us thusly:

apparently somebody suggested "University of Plymouth Institute of Science and Technology"...

Reply to
Austin Shackles