OT: Post deliveries Good Friday

Does anyone know if Royal Mail are delivering tomorrow (Good Friday)? I'm expecting something which should have turned up today and I'm hoping it will come tomorrow.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Pacman

not delivering here.......................

Reply to
Denis F

Don't think so, which is a shame as I wanted to spend the weekend lying underneath the Land Rover with grit in my eyes and covered in bruises. But now I'll have to wait until next weekend because my supplier (you know who you are) was a bit tardy with shipping...

Reply to
David French

I could send a couple of my lads down - if this helps?

Reply to
Mother

Pacman twisted the electrons to say:

Nope (as you've no doubt guessed by now!), the Royal Mail aren't delivering on Good Friday. Monday won't get any deliveries either, however tomorrow (Saturday) will see deliveries ...

Reply to
Alistair Gunn

Not aimed at anyone in particular, but if you're getting covered in bruises you should ask yourself if you're doing it right or buy some decent tools for the job. :-D

Ed

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

Oh, come on Ed, you must have managed to bruise your arms from time to time trying to undo seized nuts etc? Or forcing a steering guard into place due to the chassis rails being a bit too close for comfort? Or at the very least, writhing around on your back to get at some awkward component?

It's not always possible to get a long lever in behind a socket, or even air tools. Short of investing in a fully-equipped garage, I'm not convinced a few more tools are going to help much!

Maybe if you don't get bruises you should ask yourself if you're trying hard enough :)

David

Reply to
David French

On or around Fri, 9 Apr 2004 00:18:03 +0100, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

it might arrive saturday, unless you know it's not been sent yet...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

He hasn't replied to my email, so I guess not :)

Reply to
David French

On or around Fri, 9 Apr 2004 20:33:58 +0100, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

nor have the feckers who've not sent me my ignition leads. After easter, phone calls will happen.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 10 Apr 2004 09:45:56 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

however, this morning's post brought spares from base-camp

http:/

for me Bialladin T10 table lamp, as in the picture here:

'cpet that at some point mine's lost the cream paint, will have to get the brasso out and polish it now.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Everyone skins knuckles now and again, but if mechanics did it as much the average DIYer they'd have nothing left. It really wasn't a dig at anyone but a tip to make sure you have the right tools for the job. Most injuries are because people use the wrong tool or make bad use of the tool. using a long extension bar and then pulling at the wrong angle and rounding the nut or damaging the socket. Using Metric sockets on an imperial nut or vice versa. Using a ratchet to get a nut or bolt moving and the ratchet slips a cog or whatever.

Safety first DIY second :-)

Ed To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

On or around Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:18:20 +0100, Ed enlightened us thusly:

I do that all the time. But I know the limitations, and I know what will fit and what won't, and that for example I can't apply full torque to a 17mm nut using an 11/16" AF spanner.

Reply to
Austin Shackles