OT: Sky+

What a wonderful thing!!

I love it

One thing though.

Does anyone know if you can do autoview with it like on the old sky system.

Have sky via a coax cable upstairs, and its a bastard going down to change the channel. I used to set them all up for autoview before going up.

Anyone know if you can do it with this box??

Mark A rusty wheel arched 1987 RR V8 EFI

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Shure can There is a gizmo to plug onto the end of the co-ax which also gives you r/c of the sky box downstairs I think it's real name is TV Link Here's one on eBay

BTW - not sold by me ;-) Rgds Mac

Reply to
Mac

you could always buy a signal sender from argos, put one in the upstairs room and the other in the room with sky in it and away you go , full control over sky from upstairs. Argos part number 534/0679 £34.39 online

GGJ .

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Autoview = no

As for the TV link - I tried one of those. Not until you get the box open does it tell you it will not work if you have an aerial splitter or a booster between the sky plus box and the remote television(s). It gets its power through the aerial cable from the sky box (you have to enable this in a "secret" setup menu).

It also won't work if you have a Hauppauger USB winTV. This seems to short out the supply somehow - it did on my setup anyway.

I gave up and just use one of those remote transmitter/reciever jobbies.

Matt B

3

Reply to
Matt

Sorry, I think Autoview went the way of the dodo with Sky+.

Reply to
QrizB

Sorry, what I wanted to add was that with a "Magic eye" "SLX link" or whatever thewy're called, you'll be able to remote control your Sky+ (or any other Sky box) from upstairs via the coax.

Eg. here:

QrizB