OT: Supllier of bearings sought, please.

This from a friend:

Now one for you to ponder: I'm after a couple of bearings for my Howard Dragon rotavator - the ones that support the tine shaft. One bearing is completely shot (as in it's in two separate pieces), the other is OK, but I work on the principal of doing this job (semi) properly. The only markings are: England PF 135 30. It's 30mm internal bore, 72mm external dia, inner race 30mm wide, outer race 19mm wide, triple rubber sealed. I think it is what is known as an Agricultural Bearing (due to the two different race widths). I've trawled countless websites to try and track them down - but no luck.

Can anyone help?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

Can we assume a ball bearing, not roller or taper roller?

Is there a flanged housing into which this fits? Could the bearing and housing have been supplied as one unit originally? Is the housing marked?

Does the inner race protrude equally to either side of the bearing?

Reply to
Dougal

Take Both pieces down to you local bearing factor

Tell them what it's come off

Bet they'll be able to source it

Some times there's a reference number on the inner of the bearing

Good Luck in your hunt

Reply to
DieSea

Thanks Both.

Info. forwarded.

Rgds

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

Dougal,

Answers from Robin:

In answer to the A.F.L. questions - yes it protrudes equally on either side, yes it's ball bearing (as per 6306-2RS), yes it's a replaceable part - not part of an assembled housing. The bearing part number is "England PF 135 30" The rotavator is late 1970s/early 1980s I think, and parts for this model aren't that common - sourcing used parts is the only real way to get anywhere.

Reply to
Richard Savage

Thanks, Richard.

Is the inner race tightly clamped longitudinally or basically just sliding on the 'shaft'? I suspect the latter is most likely but if the former you may be able to use hardened spacers either side of a 6306 variant.

Timken have the sorts of thing that I think you're describing but not in the size you want (although there may be other metric bearings):

from page D27 onwards.

As DieSea suggested, your best route is to try the bearing suppliers (Brammer, Eriks etc.). They have resources that we cannot beat and can usually match almost anything.

Reply to
Dougal

n.com/en-us/products/Documents/Ball%20Bearings.pdf

Thanks Dougal

Info. forwarded. Actually, I don't know why he doesn't do his own research here as he has a quietly rotting Series I somewhere :-(

Ta

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage