OT Syncing files between laptop and PC

I know a lot of you guys have more than one computer.

Found this Microsoft program which allows me to sync files (not just photos) between my Vista laptop and my XP PC and thought others might find it useful..

Called SyncToy and it does appear to work OK. although I've only done one sync so far.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Second Copy may have a more flexable approach.

I'm not a doze user unless I have to be but use this to keep my MP3 player in sync with the BBC podcasts I download.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Doesn't seem to be a two way thing though.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

It can be arranged with two "scripts", hence more flexable but perhaps not quite as transparent.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ive used synctoy for backing up things onto memory sticks and usb drives. seems to do the job. Other options are writing your own scripts using things like xxcopy or rsync.

Reply to
Tom Woods