OT Text Enhance adverts

Seeing as we haven't had much Landrover stuff to talk about recently and I know there are lots of very internet knowledgeable chaps on here that will put my hat on straight if I'm being stupid .....

I don't know if anyone else is fed up with looking at sites and as you move the mouse over the site suddenly another little window opens offering all sorts of non-relevant offers. I have popup blockers on both IE and Crome but it does not stop these small adverts. Having got fed up with it annoying me I found out that if you go to the site

and click "Support" you can opt out. Only problem with the opt-out is that it is a cookie so if you delete all cookies you op-in again.

-- Regards Bob Hobden

1986 90 Utility 2.5 petrol

Favourite video of the moment...

Bob Hobden

"Bob Hobden" wrote et...

My tame expert has replied with this....

Text Enhance is Malware as opposed to a virus as such, what it actually is, is an add-on to your browser which then creates these pop up boxes when you hover over certain text. It is nothing to do with the sites you're visiting, it's on your computer.

Here is a good article on what it is and how to remove it:

It appears neither McAfee or Defender stops this malware as I have both running full time.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

In article , Bob Hobden writes

Or you could just use Firefox with the NoScript add-on and occasionally run SpyBot too.

I can't imagine willingly using IE these days.

S.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

"SpamTrapSeeSig" wrote ..

I use Chrome and SWMBO prefers to use IE and both browsers were infected.

Reply to
Bob Hobden