OT: Tont Hart down

Aye, I just missed working on Vision On but did many of the subsequent programmes from the Take Hart & Hartbeat series. Lovely man, will be missed.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yeah, really sad. Morph was brilliant :-)

Reply to
SteveG

On or around Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:30:38 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

aye, major bummer. Part of my childhood, was "Vision On".

Reply to
Austin Shackles

eh?

Reply to
Nige

Must have been a play... they didn't have TV when Austin was 'ickle

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Same here, I was miffed to have missed working on Vision On but did work on Animal Magic.

Youngsters...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ditto here.

I knew nothing about his charity work for the Gurkhas, but it's very much in character. Those progs required a great deal of messing about in the studio, making fiddly things work with ancient kit. I never once saw him lose his cool, even when we were over-running at the ned of a long day (which quite often happened).

So much happiness given to so many people. We'll miss him.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

"Tony Hart" in case you've not figured, did Morph, Vision On, Hartbeat and a few other similar programmes for kids.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

He was original and hugely influential too.

Without him you wouldn't have had Aardman (Wallace & Gromit), and many, many other artists he inspired through his programmes, some of whom who will now be in their fifties.

He was a great and genuinely nice man. Read the obits as they are published...

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

On or around Sun, 18 Jan 2009 23:18:09 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

quite. Yoofer terday. You tell 'em the telly used to be black and white and they don't believe you...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Mine were brown wi' black knobs on, an' it only got BBC1. :-)

Reply to
Oily

Bit like a Bakelite Bush then

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

You got BBC1......you lucky sod, we got ITV if we were lucky, and that was grainy and blurry.

Reply to
cyberwraith

That's the one, 9" screen with the posh floor standing case.

I didn't get ITV, that was only invented about 1954/6 IIRC (first programme I got was I think boxing with an advert for McDougalls flour) but the memory is a bit grainy and blurry :-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

The first time I saw a commercial TV station was when I was at Weeton in the summer of '59

There was no commercial TV stations in Cornwall at that time

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

We got nothing that wasn't grainy and blurry, and if the cows wanted to scratch their arses, we got nothing at all until the aerial got put back up and moved.

But if you tell that to kids today..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Thu, 22 Jan 2009 00:20:32 -0000, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

can't claim to remember it, but on the (BBC) radio, then Home Service, on the evening when ITV first started broadcasting, they had the fire in The Archers in which Grace Archer died. I doubt it was co-incidence...

Reply to
Austin Shackles