OT: UK Government to relocate NHS

More than 1,350,000 UK jobs could be lost if Government plans to relocate NHS resources to India are adopted.

A Government spokesperson commented:

"The move gives us access to a highly qualified and motivated workforce. India offers a better product and it comes at a fraction of the price. If successful we plan a strategic move of other key public services. We are particularly excited at the potential for increasing productivity in terms of Primary, Secondary and Further Education. Future initiatives could include motorway maintenance, the rail infrastructure and refuse collection. The latter is especially important as rubbish costs the UK (Government) far too much".

The plans were met with cautios optimism by the health service union UNISON, who already have plans to relocate their entire operations to India in the New Year. A UNISON spokesperson commented "We see this as a strategic move saving valuable resources and enabling us to offer a far better service to our members".

These recent relocations follow a popular trend after centralised political power within Westminster was relocated to Washington earlier this year.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Future initiatives could include motorway maintenance, the rail infrastructure and refuse collection.

If they could relocate most of the traffic from the M4 in the morning I'd be all for it!

Reply to
Bob Miller

if as they say the third world has a better health service than we have, then I'll be on the first plane over there to get my treatment. Somehow I doubt it as we have most of there medical staff here. Bit of a bugger if they relocate the take aways over there, bit partial to a phall I am :-))

Reply to
Hirsty's

How about relocating most of the MP's to India I get the feeling this place might work just as well if not better

Mike

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero (sluff)

I was about to suggest relocating the Houses of Parliment to India. or preferably even further away.

Oh, and take the High Court judges with them

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Sad as I might sound, this is one of the things I've missed most since moving to our island. The nearest Dominos Pizza is 150 miles away, MacDonalds is about fifty miles, and the local Indian restaurant in Tobermory has closed for the winter.

Sob! Sob! Sob!

Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland

Sounds like a godsend to me. The more I think about what goes into fast food, the faster I run in the opposite direction!

Reply to
David French

I don't even want to think about it. My Dad had a tour round a factory that made the burgers for MacDonalds once, when he went for a job interview and I've never eaten one since.

Reply to
Nikki

I thought you used to be Northampton way? If so that's a hell of a move.

Reply to
Graeme

Yes, I've often wondered what "Mechanically recovered meat" was. You see the term on a few products. Sweepings off the floor maybe?

Reply to
Bob Hobden

I think this would probably be true for ANY fast food / processed food business.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

It really takes balls to ask...

To add some quality?

(No part of the animal is wasted. Make your own mind up...)

BSE rather curtailed the visible signs of MRMP in the UK - only 'cosmetically', obviously.

I've often wondered how the local kebab shop can buy 'on the spike' kebabs cheaper than they can buy tatties to make the chips.

They still taste kingood after a night out with the lads though, but only with the double chilli sauce, obviously :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Sounds like Paradise to me - what are property prices like? :-)

- Bruces trail??? Best make room for Nikki!

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

They appear to be quite settled in Washington. Best to not confuse them, eh?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

MRM......casts mind back to friend's chicken factory job as student......holding bones with scraps of meat still attached against a vibrating metal grill-type thing, which shaves off the last scraps of meat, and deposits them in a series of foul smelling bins, thence to the burger and kebab shops :0)

And you thought you wanted to know.......

Reply to
Agrippa

Don't think we haven't thought about it. We nearly went and looked at a 5 bedroom house with more than several acres of land, some of it coastline. Not on Mull though.

Reply to
Nikki

Didn't they chuck the bones in as well? A couple of times through a mincer and you'd never know they were there!

Reply to
Nikki

"What is mechanically recovered meat?"

QrizB

Those little bits that don't easily come off the bones...

It's not quite as bad as floor sweepings, but...

Reply to
David G. Bell

you REALLY do not want to know. The wife is a product development manager in the meat industry - and the basic ethos is "the more you process, the more profit you get".

cheap meat and mechanically recovered meat is used wherever possible. She`s used to it, but every now and again it`ll make even her feel quite ill..... You do not want to see a bin full of MRM from a bovine carcass. But even though she takes great delight in telling me what goes in sausages and pork pies - i still eat them cos they taste nice!

Nick C

Reply to
Nick C