OT: Vehicle tracking and road pricing petition

Another petition to sign, wonder if these will make any difference at all.. I doubt it but worth a try. This one currently has 43,000 signatures.

"The idea of tracking every vehicle at all times is sinister and wrong. Road pricing is already here with the high level of taxation on fuel. The more you travel - the more tax you pay.

It will be an unfair tax on those who live apart from families and poorer people who will not be able to afford the high monthly costs.

Please Mr Blair - forget about road pricing and concentrate on improving our roads to reduce congestion."

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

signed and hopfully sealed.

Reply to
banjo

Poorer people should not be using the roads, and they should be taxed for wearing shoes as well as that wears the pavement out :)

Reply to
Larry

|| In message || Ian Rawlings wrote: || ||| Another petition to sign, wonder if these will make any difference ||| at ||| all.. I doubt it but worth a try. This one currently has 43,000 ||| signatures. ||| |||

|| Done!

And done. 44261 and counting.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In article , Ian Rawlings writes

Probably not. The one regarding DEFRA funding of the Inlands Waterways is currently the 9th most heavily supported, and when the subject was raised at Prime Minister's questions this week, Blair claimed he was barely aware of the issue. So he is obviously kept well briefed on what is happening with the online petitions on his website.

I know in the past there were a lot of Landrover fans who had an interest in the inland waterways (or was it the other way around ?), I'm sure that the sponsors of this petition would appreciate additional support.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

Bear in mind that each petition has a closing date, and at that point the petition is "handed in", so if people have set petition closing dates to sometime in 2020 then it'll never be "handed in" in a reasonable amount of time.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Even with that in mind don't expect anything.

This is yet another ploy to make the gullible believe that this government listens. The arrogance of the present government and its deafness to the views of the electorate is without equal.

Reply to
Dougal

Done. I've got a British passport so presumably I'm eligible to sign petitions. All I need to do now is get a similar petition going about the same topic here.

Reply to
EMB

Don't worry I'm not.

However your attitude that you might as well not say anything as they won't listen is hardly going to help in any way, shape or form, so you're welcome to it...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

It has to be said I'd be somewhat more sympathetic if British Waterways weren't driving round in non-LR products. Perhaps the should pop over to Japan (as they are keeping them in jobs in favour of us) and shake their tin (income tax revenue).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Indeed, 800,000 people were ignored.