OT - vorsprung what?

Topgear watchers will be in doubt as to the" permed one's" opinion on the build quality of the three pointed star built cars ( they do a nice T shirt tho' aside from the price ) but no matter how bad it gets with our Landies this must take the whole packet of choccy biscuits

and the coffee I feel even more happy with my Disco now.Derek

Reply to
Derek

It's amazing that anyone could even consider spending $2.5 million on a car that can be so easily out-performed by far far cheaper kit, hell even the VW Veyron is cheaper than that thing, let alone an Ultima. For that kind of money, a McLaren Longtail race car would be quicker, or an ex WRC rally car (on acceleration at least). You can buy a lot of car for $2.5 million and that merc just isn't it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I reckon she was OK, Paul will have a hard time finding someone to fill her shoe.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

and as its says is not road legal in the US so its no better than a D**k substitute unless your name is Mr Indianapolis500 Derek

Reply to
Derek

Yeah, I didn't get that bit. Starts off by saying that it is not road legal in the US, and then goes on to say that they let a client out in it on a test drive and it got 10 blocks - presumably meaning it was driven on the road??

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Now that is clever, vehicle detects it's not road legal and refuses to go.

Reply to
GbH

On or around Sun, 18 Jun 2006 13:32:41 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

site's a load of crap, too, or the internet's broken somewhere.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

no kiddin'

Reply to