OT what is the Ugliest 4x4

I was watching that item with Richard Hamster of TopGear when he said the Porche Cayenne Turbo was in his opinion the ugliest 4x4 ever and then as I watched him hurtling about like a nutter I thought no! that SSangyong Korando is worse

or may be the quaintly named UMM
of course there may be something designed after a liquid lunch on a friday I've missed maybe something french ? Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

What about that crap jeep lookalike think that has FWH's and cheap as chips for exactly that reason... Ricoster or something similar.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Nah, the French don't do a 4x4. Their equivalent to the original Land-Rover (a go-anywhere vehicle for farmers) was the Citroen 2CV, designed to traverse a ploughed field at 50 km/h (30 mph) without breaking a tray of eggs on the back seat. Probably why Land-Rover never took off over here.

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

They've done several, mostly military, was just reading about one this morning although it was based on the G-Wagen which is Austrian by design.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I know the ones you mean - Someone I did some contract work for had one of those, he took me out to one of his clients in it, hell was it awful!!

I think that French thing looks rather fun - in an ugly as hell, but kinda quirky sort of way.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Ah, you mean the Mahindra Rocsta

I'll get my coat

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

On or around Mon, 03 Jul 2006 07:44:03 +0100, Matthew Maddock enlightened us thusly:

Asia Rocsta. dire.

but for sheer ugliness, you have to look to the sssangggyonggg, (now daewoo) IMHO. Although the Lexus things are no beauties and the BMW X3 is a bit dire, too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 3 Jul 2006 07:06:37 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

and of course they sis a twin-engine 4x4 version of the 2CV.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hyundai santa fe. UGGGGGGGGGGLY! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

My business partner's wife has one - the car matches the owner in the looks stakes.

Reply to
EMB

the worst has got to be the H2 especially in black or banana yellow......

Reply to
chris

What about that "land-ROver defender" huh, f***ing splitters

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

I used to regularly drive past one on the way into Frome, it's a lot smaller than I expected, but I was in the you-know-what at the time. It was banana yellow and really did look absolutely stupid. Probably one of the dumbest looking vehicles ever.

Mind you some of the Renault 4x4s made around the 2CV era looked a bit odd, for example;

Mind you this is quite groovy;

There's a company called "Dangel" I think that takes Peugeot cars and vans, then whacks a 4x4 drivetrain on, although they don't look too odd. I'm not aware of any Peugeot factory 4x4s but ISTR they're planning one.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I still reckon the new Freelander has em beaten, horrid. Mind you, I used to think that about the Discovery 3 and thats really growing on me now.........

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

Spent two days at a refinery in Normandy last week and I saw more Solihull products in a few hours driving than we saw in a whole week in Ireland/Eire. The Irish seemed to go for blingy far eastern 4x4s which were much less common in France.

Lizzy

Reply to
LizzyTaylor

My vote would be for the RB-44 - it even looks like something that was made up from bits lying around a scrapyard - nothing quite fits..... But then the UMM looks like a LR that's had a nasty accident.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

And a Buffalo looks like a... suggestions on a postcard please;

Ian Rawlings

On or around Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:02:24 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

that's the other bugger I was trying to remember.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 03 Jul 2006 09:53:36 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

sis? did, I meant.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cow with big horns?