OT: - Workbench.

Nah, these are the wooden pole with fabric on, then some metal feet which raise the strecher about 5 inches off the deck. Nowt posh.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

That said they do have a substantial hinge thing to keep them in the open position.... suppose otherwise they would just be a bag.

Reply to
Lee_D

I think, in extremis, that´s what they can become. :-((

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

One of those ultrasonic cleaning tanks is much better, especially when you fill em with tric

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Big enough for engine parts ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

I used to work with one big enough for engine blocks...

Mind you, it needed its own air scrubber and venting system and drank more trico in a week than a street full of dry cleaning shops...

Reply to
William Black

No vapour recovery ? That´s expensive. And Trich is not nice stuff, to humans or ozone layers. Actually that was trichloroethene wasn´t it, not trichloroethylene. Which gives you brain damage.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Actually that was trichloroethene wasn´t it, not

They're just different names for the same chemical if my chemistry knowledge is still good.

I remember when you could get MEK solvent, the best by far - cleaned petrol injectors a treat.

Reply to
Julian

Don´t think they are. One is banned, the other isn´t.

You can, its called butanone now.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Well when I started in electronics it was Benzene.

That disappeared and tricloroethane replaced it.

then trichlorotrisomethingelseethane, then Arklone, then Arklone P then Genclean.

In the end they dumped the equipment that needed the cleaner...

Reply to
William Black

Stick 'ethene' and 'ethylene' into google or Wikipedia - you'll see that the terms are interchangeable I did 'A' level chemistry nearly 30 years ago I still remembered, vaguely!

Do you know of anyone or trader who can sell me a small amount, I really miss not having any in my workshop.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

What ever happened to good 'ol carbon tetrachloride :-)

Reply to
Julian

Ethane, not ethene, sorry, my mistake..Ones still made, one is banned.

I could get you some. Where are you ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

You can still get MEK, go sniff a tin of Plastikote Enamel Thinners. It's got MEK in it as well as Tolulene/Xylene.

Those injector cleaners that you spray into the air intake also have MEK in them as well.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Julian uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Most of the one's I've met are quite young ;-)

Reply to
Lee_D

Just south of Warrington - I'm quite happy to pay the going rate.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Yes the fusion of ideas is quite explosive, the way we respond when bombarded by a range of questions, the flashes of inspiration, tipped with barbs of wit, seeding nuclei of fresh debate about how we might cobalt together an unofficial training camp session to view a vital underground grid installation at the electric mountain.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

The black helicopt....... ...

Reply to
steve Taylor

I'm sure the manual said hockeylifter ;-) badger may know.

AJH

Reply to
AJH