OTish - The DVLA have actually sent me a useful letter!

Steve Taylor uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Email me your address and I'll send you the details of the Police for your neighbourhood...

It's really not all that hard to find :-) Much simpler than looking for life on other planets.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Ok that seems reasonable, but let me ask but one more (batch of) question before going to bed....

What are your views on Fox hunting?

What are your views on hunting smoking foxes in public places?

What are your views on smoking whilst hunting foxes who may be or may not be smoking according to witness reports?

What are your views on hunting foxey smokers?

Old speckled hen anyone?

Reply to
Lee_D

I wouldn't take part but wouldn't stop others..

Smoking foxes? The bastards! Think of the children!

Yeuch, now that stuff needs to be banned... Crop Circle's more my cup of tea, or pint of booze rather.. Mind you Hen's OK if you can find it served OK, and there's nothing else available, better than guinness or the usual lager crap.

How about banning lager-drinking smoking foxes in 4x4s?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Had the local plod call on me yesterday regarding an incident of criminal damage.

"Who me, ossifer, I didn't see nuffink!"

It was about a car parked next to mine which had recently had its windscreen smashed, my actual reply was to express gratitude that my land rover was so scruffy that it wasn't worth damaging.

Reply to
Larry

To redress the balance somewhat, I got a letter back today from the DVLA after I sent off the pinz V5 to get some details corrected. Originally, after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, it was agreed by DVLA higher-ups that the pinz would be regarded as a PLG despite being overweight. Some guttersnipe in the lower echelons has decided to over-ride all these discussions from the look of the letter I got today, which can be summed up as follows;

Got letter saying that they can't issue an update because it would change the taxation class, which it shouldn't unless they've cocked up as it remains PLG. They say they've enclosed the unchanged V5, which they haven't so that's probably lost. They state that I'd need to get a new tax disc with the new details, which I can't until they change the V5 anyhow, but even so I can't because they've not sent it back. They say to fill out the enclosed form V85, but the enclosed form is V10.

I'm not!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Why do you want it as PLG if it's not a PLG and does that make the minions wrong?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

After talking to DVLA and DoT at great length, it was decided that PLG is best for it as it's neither a minibus or a load carrier, and I wouldn't be using it for hire or reward. In such situations, the deciding factor is apparently how much I have to pay, they are required to choose the most expensive, and that's PLG as the other two bring in less revenue (about £5 less a year or something daft like that). Each class for me personally has its benefits and disadvantages, it was me querying why my V5 said PLG when it was clearly overweight that got me into this situation in the first place, the DVLA chap who wrote down the details when I registered it for the UK filled out the weight "wrong" despite me telling him the right weight.

If I put it down as a minibus, I would be violating the class if I folded the seats down, but if I registered it as a private goods vehicle I would violate the class if I put the seats up, with PLG whether the seats are up or down makes no odds. They decided to ignore the weight in this situation after reviewing photos, the vehicle documentation and talking to me.

The minion was wrong because the decision had been made by her bosses at Swansea and was on notes accompanying the application. It seems her computer wouldn't allow her to input the settings she was told to put down, so instead of throwing it back up the tree for help she just forged ahead, sticking it in a class that was decided to be unsuitable by those who had been looking into it in depth. People who'd been checking photos, copies of manuals sent on to them and talking to me at great length, but "computer says no" and the minion ignores the fair few people directly involved and just stabs buttons that allow her to click "OK". She then writes a letter in which she tells me she's enclosed the V5 but doesn't, then tells me that she can't issue a new V5 but has done, contents unknown as we have found it's been issued but not sent yet....

It should arrive in a few days, I'm then to send it straight back as they won't issue a new one if I already have one, and have had to send off some photos of the seats in the down position and the up position to stick to the application to "reinforce it in their minds" as apparently the minions involved couldn't understand the idea of bench seats, let alone ones that can fold down. Hats off to some of DVLA for doing their best, yah boo sucks to others for wasting our time.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings