P Reg Disco

Hi

I'm going to look at a P Reg Disco 3.9 litre 3 door running on LPG, with approx 65K on the clock. Garage wants 2650 UKP, which seems quite cheap - what should I be looking for?

Regards

Neil

Reply to
Neil

A grand off.

Reply to
Nige

How do you do?

it does? this vehicle is over ten years old and is yet to gain 'classic' status by any measure outside the pure. However, if it's a minter then jump on it.

rotten loadspace floor.

lazy tappet - possibly just one. Make sure you hear the engine start from cold.

drivers seat - does it look like a 65k ride?

under the bonnet - ditto

Reply to
William Tasso

Properly certified LPG install or your insurers may tell you to naff off. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Is that serious? =A32650 seems quite good value, especially including the LPG. (I paid more for my 1983 110 CSW 7 years ago, and then had to pay =A31000 for the LPG conversion on top)

Regards

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Is that serious? £2650 seems quite good value, especially including the LPG. (I paid more for my 1983 110 CSW 7 years ago, and then had to pay £1000 for the LPG conversion on top)

Regards

Neil

But a 110 CSW holds it's price better than any other model, a Disco is worth buttons in comparison.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

It's lowish mileage for sure, but even with the LPG it's not worth much. £1500 would be about right, but having said that an immaculate P reg Rangie 4.6 went for £100 at a local auction recently. The guy that saw it said it sounded OK, didn't know the mileage but looked like it had just come out of a showroom. The wheels had to be worth a ton by themselves.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

That's assuming the LPG kit works OK.

Reply to
hugh

On or around Fri, 13 Jun 2008 23:18:47 -0700 (PDT), Neil enlightened us thusly:

It's a buyers market for disco Is though. If it's absolutely A1 mint throughout, no rust AT ALL and the LPG is a good quality system properly installed and with no issues, then it's worth the asking price.

But that's getting uncommonly close to rockinghorse shit these days, for a

10+ year old motor.

other than that, I'd be inclined to agree with Nige. We paid 1750 for a

*very* tidy low-mileage K-plater with twin-tank LPG, but it was only an open loop system. That was 2-3 years back. Twas a fair price then.

CSWs are a law unto themselves on price, and unless VERY rough they fetch good money.

Reply to
Austin Shackles