P38 air suspension

Hi gang, quick question on air suspension with issues....

Start engine, all doors closed, takes a while to set itself to correct height, seems to hunt around up and down as if seeking the correct height. Occasionally, whilst driving, you get the warning do not exceed 33mph, yet stopping and having a look shows correct ride height as selected, no hissing or leaks apparent. parked overnight, no real noticeable drop in height, other than 6mm or so, so no bag or pie leaks or NRV issues. Any thoughts greatly appreciated, thanks. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Could be the height sensors?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Hmmm.... just re-read that, should have said pipe leaks, not pie leaks! I've already eaten all the pies.... ;-)

I was hoping not, as that would require testbook attention to recalibrate the new one(s)! It's been doing it for 2 months, then today it worked perfectly with no warnings, my first thought is to check all the sensor connections and any other assosciated wiring connectors for dirt/water/corrosion etc but I just wondered if this was a common issue with a relatively quick fix. Badger.

P.S. Richard, you still after these 2 steering boxes matey?

Reply to
Badger

I have the technical manual for the RRC air system, how similar it is I can't say, but if it helps you I'll mail you it!

BTW, air suspension is bloody good on road, gonna try it off road soon. It can be a tad 'bobby' on some surfaces (hence the name Bob!!) but i love it.

Where are the height sensors on the car?

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob)

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Reply to
Nige

Yep! Could you mail be the name you want on the cheque please.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

My car exhibited similar behaviour last Thursday evening. The suspension did not set after a few miles of driving and I then got the dash warning message and the four orange lights on the right height selector/indicator switch constantly flashing. The rear nearside suspension was noticeably higher than the rest. The next morning I started the car with the same indications though the suspension did hunt around for a while and then settled at the lowest setting. I'm therefore assuming that it isn't a system leak. The car was relayed (thank God for AA membership) to the Cheltenham dealers and I'll find out what's wrong on Monday. From reading the Workshop Manual my best guess is a faulty/failed height sensor.

I'm really looking forward to the main dealer bill - not!

Regards

Alan

Reply to
AC