P38 alarm system

Can anyone confirm that my factory fitted alarm is "Thatcham" approved. 2000 Range Rover 4.0 UK spec.

Thanks

Reply to
David Haggas

I don't know but I know a man who does

Derek

Thanks Derek, saw that after I posed the question. My new insurance company wants "proof" of security system. That info could be gleaned from the vehicle year/reg number/chassis number but they won't have it - I have to send them a copy of the thatcham .pdf!!

David

Reply to
David Haggas

Which tends to prove the suppostion- whats the difference between a sack of weasels, a crowd of wankers and an insurance brokers the answer being nothing. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Sureterm were insistant on this too. Never mentioned it when I took out the policy other than has it an alarm or immobiliser, then sent a letter asking for proof from a dealer or such like. I put a call in to them and told them it has alarm, immobiliser and "other" security measures all factory fit. They were happy with me sending photo copies of the owners manual for the relevant pages but it did make me think at the time that for there cheek I'm likely to tell them to shove it up their arse in future if they can't explain this at the point of sale.

I'm sure the dealers would be happy to help for the standard hourly rate. Frigging nerve! Creating a frigging industry out of jack shit. Biggest buch of cowboys since John Wayne.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Mine said I could arrange to have an inspection of the vehicle at £35 to prove to the insurers that there is an alarm system fitted - just telephone

0208... The discount given for a Thatcham approved security system? £19.90.
Reply to
David Haggas

If it's not Thatcham i would be surprised, it can even lock you out & bollocks up the starting ;)

Reply to
Nige