p38 central locking strangeness

The locks on the rangie have started doing weird things, when I lock it up now, it gives 2 short pips on the horn. According to the manual, this means a mislock, and it should say on the dash what has mislocked. However, it says nothing on the dash, and all the doors appear to be locked. Also the 'superlocking' does not appear to work, regardless of how I lock it, (1 press or 2) it can still be opened from the inside.

Any ideas?

Also the passenger front door has stopped opening from the inside. Cold this be related?

The windows are displaying funniness too, the drivers window gave a 'window blocked' error the other day, and now it says that 'window is not set'. I have tried running the window right up and down, as it says in the manual, but it still will not set itself. Help???

TIA

SJ

Reply to
SimonJ

Hi Simon

My superlocking stopped working, turned out to be one of the rear windows was left open a tiny bit. I closed the window and then it worked ok again. I suspect maybe your locking strangeness may be because of something related to front window problem. Is the window opening and closing normally ie not struggling? The system monitors the motor current to detect fully open/closed so a stiff window mechanism may confuse it. I think the passenger door problem is unrelated.

Gaz

Reply to
Gazza

SimonJ mumbled something on 02/03/2006 19:46:

Not at this point, but...

Probably not.

Ah-ah! You need to hold it at the closed end of the movement for a second or two. If the motor is slipping due to a worn gear, it won't set. This will solve the mislock when the window is set.

The door not opening from the inside is probably just the cable from the latch to the lock having stopped. It's usually the drivers door that goes because it gets most use.

According to my parts manual

ALR6968 Cable-front door internal release-RH ALR6969 Cable-front door internal release-LH

AndyC

Reply to
Andy Cunningham