P38 Exhaust Manifold Heat Shields

HTF are you supposed to remove the heat shields off the manifolds with the engine in the car, especially the RH one? Workshop manual says "remove 8 bolts...." Yeah right !!! One is easy, the next is a bit tricky, one is at the back & five are underneath. Oh, and all are rusted solid !!!

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris

The heat shields normally get ripped off and binned for the very reasons you quote! The std manifolds are of a very good design, I would advise against replacing them with aftermarket items. badger.

Reply to
Badger

That's fine by me, the manifolds do look pretty good to be honest .....but would you recommend some form of heat insulating wrap or similar? I can't see the plug leads being done any favours otherwise.

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris