P38 footwell lights

Mines not got any, i want to fit them, is the wiring there? The holes for the lights are. I don't want to start messing about if it's not there.

Reply to
Nige

you know, some of blue washer jet things, and illuminated tax disc holder might be cool too.....

we've just had one lad go driving past with a mini christmas tree on his dash (its a Saxo.......)

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

In a dim and distant universe , Simon Isaacs muttered:

Blimey! The weight of that, even if it's a little plastic one, must surely affect the performance of a Saxo....

Reply to
Paul Vigay

aye! They are really useful, the normal lamps are s**te for seeing anything matey.

Reply to
Nige

Indeed, you don't fully appreciate new shoes in the dark!

New shoes = RR Old boots = 110

No brainer!

Of course if you take out an influential business partner and suddenly realise you've got odd socks on / slippers on / the wifes stilletos on you may wish you had never bothered.

;-)

Not that Mrs D does stilletoes!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 05 Dec 2007 20:51:00 +0000, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

ooh, that's a point, must find mine for to put in the bus :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Nige> Mines not got any, i want to fit them, is the wiring there? Nige> The holes for Nige> the lights are. I don't want to start messing about if it's Nige> not there.

My SE had the wiring, could never be arsed to fit them though.

Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB

You can buy ready wired chains of LED's on ebay. You get about 100LEDS over a 1m chain or something similar. They would probably make quite good interior lights. My 101 needs a light in the cab and was thinking that fixing a line of them along the lower edge of the sun visors or the bottom edge of the dash or something would work quite well.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Cheers matey.

Reply to
Nige

I've been thinking of the very same idea for the pinz cab, but thought that round sides and rear of the cab might be better to cast light on maps or other reading material in the driver's/passenger's hands. I've not spotted any 24v versions yet so I'd have to wire it to the

12v circuit I rigged up or put two sets in series perhaps (depending on voltage drop at full load).
Reply to
Ian Rawlings

If you're near one, they have either droppers ranging from 1 to 20 amp capacity or 24volt light sillinesses at truck stops. The nearest to me is at Lymm on the M6 where it crosses the M56.

The only other one that rings a bell is at Exeter services on the M5, but I'm sure there are plenty round.

Reply to
John Williamson

Got some from a scrapyard for £2, just the job.......

Reply to
Nige

Tom have a trip to the Poundland shop they sell a plug in light with an LED and a long lens about the size of a BiC that sticks to the dash and gives a wide beam light, handy for squinting at maps tho' at my time of life I need something like the Potti we used in the 70's Derek

Reply to
Derek