P38 slight juddering on deceleration

at around 30mph, doesnt do it on acceleration & it still does it if i coast in neutral.

It's not bad, but slightly noticable, feel like the effect of having slightly knobbly tyres on, but these are Michelin road tryes.

Nige

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

knobbly tyres on, but > these are Michelin road tryes.

Check the handbrake is releasing properly Nige, sometimes if it's sticking a little bit you'll notice these symptons.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

Whats the best way of doing that then matey??

It's a big f***er of a car on 255 tyres so resistance might not be the way!!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

First thing to note Nige is that P38 owners under no conditions do work on their own vehicles ;-) (though I reckon by the end of this year P38s with problems will change hands for less than a grand and then things will change)

Take it to a garage who have an appropriate ramp to get all wheels in the air at the same time and they can check it there, if it's not the handbrake they can have a prod about while they're under there and see if they can find what's happening. Is it happening all the time? If so that should make it easier to find.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

Aye, all the time, not too bad, but could be a sign of something going south!

Reply to
Nige

All i did was get wheels all balanced & swap fronts to back & it's fine!!

Sweet!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

...and Nige spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

I don't know if these vehicles are unusually sensitive to tyres or what, but I had BFG ATs on mine, and needed to have them rebalanced every 15K or so, as a persistent slight wobble would start to set in around that mileage, usually on deceleration first. Rebalancing cured it for another 15K. Never had to do that on any other vehicle with those tyres, so maybe it's just a "feature".

Reply to
Richard Brookman