P38 Temperature Display

Hi

Just lately the exterior air temperature display has been going haywire showing anything from -5 to +35. When it displays anything below about

10 the air conditioning will not blow cooled air into the vehicle. I know that there are a number of temperature sensors controlling the heating/air conditioning system and I presume the outside air temperature sensor (behind the front bumper) sends the temperature to the display, if this sensor is faulty would it prevent the air con from working and giving a false reading on the display or is it a combination of all of the sensors?

Any help appreciated

Martyn

*****Reply here or: zen98282 a t z e n d o t c o d o t u k*****
Reply to
Count de Monet

|| Hi || || Just lately the exterior air temperature display has been going || haywire showing anything from -5 to +35. When it displays anything || below about 10 the air conditioning will not blow cooled air into || the vehicle. I know that there are a number of temperature sensors || controlling the heating/air conditioning system and I presume the || outside air temperature sensor (behind the front bumper) sends the || temperature to the display, if this sensor is faulty would it || prevent the air con from working and giving a false reading on the || display or is it a combination of all of the sensors? || || Any help appreciated || || Martyn || || *****Reply here or: zen98282 a t z e n d o t c o d o t u k*****

Happened to me - outside temp sensor went, balmy spring day was reported as -20 deg or something, and aircon (quite reasonably, if you think about it) refused to work. One new sensor later, all was fine.

Reply to
Richard Brookman