P38a Wing Mirror Question

My miirror was knocked recently and the glass has come adrift from the plastic motorised arrangement behind it. (Mirror glass seems ok). Is it possible to replace it as I can't seem to see how it should be done? Any help out there??

Bob

Reply to
BoB-B

The locating ring will be broke, get a new glass

Reply to
Nige

The locating ring may NOT be broke(n), I've been through this twice, last time was 2 weeks ago. You need to poke about with a screwdriver to get it to click back in- It's tricky, give it a go or find a sympathetic repairer who will kindly do it for you; only takes 30 seconds if you've done it before.. But check for broken bits on the back first. If you're really out of luck, the lugs on the motor will be broken & you're up for a completely new mirror assembly including housing.

Reply to
madeofmeat