Paddocks - Good Service

There have been a couple of moans about Paddocks of late, so to redress the balance a little:-

Bought a new middle box from them in January (which fitted well).

Started noticing a slightly odd noise in about June, which I thought was probably a minor exhaust blow, but since the MOT wasn't due, and the stereo is quite loud, I ignored it.

About a month ago the noise had got sufficiently bad that even I was forced a brief diagnosis, which found that my lovely shiny middle box had developed a loose baffle.

Quick phonecall to Paddocks and whilst they could not send me a replacement without seeing the original, they did sell me a new one (no carriage charge) and arrange to pick up the original.

Frustratingly, once the original was removed, it was very difficult to detect the loose baffle (just a very slight resonance if the silencer was tapped).

Couple of days ago, Paddocks credited my account with the full cost of the box.

Pretty good customer service, I reckon, and on a very cheap silencer (RRC 86 EFi - £27)

David

Reply to
rads

rads wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Could it be that the moans have done some good? Nothing like publishing the facts and I am glad you got good service!

Derry (Periodic moaner)

Reply to
Derry Argue

On or around 6 Sep 2004 13:02:57 GMT, Derry Argue enlightened us thusly:

might be, they may have a lurker spying on us... :-)

To be fair, I've bought a fair bit of stuff from 'em. Had one rear damper which wasn't really up to scratch, a bit soft, but they were the cheapest ones available and ICBA doing anything about it. Apart from that, the only other thing I had wrong was my fault, ordering the wrong CV joint.

tell a lie, they once sent me a RHS disco mirror box which contained a LHS disco mirror, but I doubt that was their fault either.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Without out wanting to jinx any future good service, I'll say that I've had good service from them in the last year, about 4 orders altogether I think. They work out 50% cheaper than Land Rover France (the only other option) even with VAT and shipping.

Gromit

Reply to
Gromit

Twas Tue, 07 Sep 2004 19:57:27 +0100 when Gromit put finger to keyboard producing:

I've had allsorts from them since I got my 110 in january. brake cylinder, clutch master, light lenses, light units, speedo cables, umm, that's all that comes to mind but the service has always been faultless, the delivery prompt, the prices low and the order accurate.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.