Paging the series body repair panel FOAK

Ex mil 1975 109 series 3 I need to get the bulkhead and bulkhead outriggers fixed up. Any recommended sources for these bits? Top and bottom of door posts, both footwells, mud panels, both bulkhead outriggers. I like the outriggers to have the flat bit of metal at 90 degrees where they sit on the chassis. I'm going to take the front wings and doors off so I could do with new bolts, captives for these too.

TIA

Reply to
mark

You could try sourcing genuine part outriggers from a franchised dealer (if there are any left). The bulkhead outriggers are STC 8282 for both left and right. Failing that, try Paddocks, they should have all the parts you need including the door pillars. Some makes were crap and others were a very good fit but it's been a long while since I've used any so I couldn't recommend or remember which ones are the best. I don't know if you can still buy genuine ones but I wouldn't buy Britpart for various reasons.

Reply to
Oily

In message , Oily writes

I have a feeling that the genuine items lack the 'flanges'...

Ta.

Cheapest too; which makes me wary..

I have had cheap one sin the past; hence the query of peoples experiences.

I'll avoid them then. I had been told that Hadrian panels have decent ones but again it's hard to tell from online catalogues who has them.

Crikey; I might have to ring round.................

Reply to
mark

A lot of the Britpart stuff doesn't fit properly but can be altered without too much trouble. The main gripe I had with theirs was that they powder coated them and it's best to get it blasted off at least two inches from where you want to weld, hot running plastic doesn't make a good weld and it's a pain in the arse. WTF they couldn't just put a thin coat of protective primer on them I'll never know.

Never heard of those, might be ok.

Probably the best thing, some of the door pillars were really badly made but easy to tell from the shape where the rubber draught proofing is fitted so be careful of that, check the shape of the originals. Can't remember the names or which they were though (old timer's disease).

Reply to
Oily

Hadrian have a stockist finder on their website:

Dougal

In message , Dougal writes

Ah yes they do. But using it will reveal 3 addresses which are their factories in the three regions. I can't find a way to buy things from them.

:(

Reply to
mark

Oops! - sorry. I didn't bother to check where the links went. Not at all helpful I must agree.

Their stuff isn't too bad compared with some I've seen. It seems to fit.

I've had their stuff from Partco (or whatever they call themselves these days) and I have a feeling that Hadrian's 3 branches may sell direct. You'll have to ask.

Reply to
Dougal

In message , Dougal writes

No problem. Always worth mentioning it; my skill set includes missing the obvious :D

That has now become the plan.

Cheers.

Reply to
mark