Painting Defender Doors and windscreen surround

Afternoon

After a drive up north on the the hottest day of the year ever, ive now got 2 doors and a windscreen&frame for my ditched 90.

The doors are in good nick structurally - There is no rot on them at all. Even the bottoms are like new! There are a few small dents on one of them, but nothing major. The paint is starting to fall off, and they are blue so i need to paint them - Eastnor Green i think.

How should i paint them? I want a half decent finish on them - Is it best to strip them down myself and take it to a pro, or just spray them in the garden and hope?

The windscreen surround needs painting too - How do i remove the glass from the surround?

All in all a good morning.

Does £200 for the lot sound about right?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

If you want a decent finish do not do as I have done

bottom two pictures, cos I have just slapped the paint on, with no regard to paint runs or anything else.

But then finesse would not exactly suit the ethos of my landie at all. Whatever the concourse wallahs opine, you won't see another one quite the same as this :)

Reply to
Larry

I do like your 'blending in the doors' approach. You should put a green patch across the front wings to balance it out some ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods