Panel sealant ?

Miles' boot floor is welded in and primered. The edges to be welded were treated with Hi-Zinc mig paint pre assembly so hopefully should be rust resistant - more or less galvanised by the heat of the welding. and I have a big tin of Isopon zinc paint to go round underneath and give anything thats the least bit exposed a good coat before spraying on Rustkote and a layer of Waxoyl . That just leaves the panel gap between the floor and body which originally was beaded with a mastic of sorts I am leaning towards a silicon polyurethane sealant similar to

or
any other suggestionsthat don't involve not sealing so the water can runout through the gaps? Derek Kato 200TDi Disco Miles 300 TDi Disco

Reply to
Derek

You could use proper car seam sealer.

frosts sell it:

Tom Woods

or from one of the big names in the business - Sikaflex and Teroson (now part of Henkel/Loctite)

search for 'sealant'.Sikaflex 221 is well known and should do what you're looking for.
look for 'sealant'. Avoid the common silicone sealants and their industrial cousins.

Reply to
Dougal

In message , Dougal writes

Just for info, why is this? I've always suspected that, for example in the case of building sealants, the difference between the ones from prestigious manufacturers and el-cheapo ones was that with the expensive ones you could track down and make use of the warranty. You pay for the warranty in the price. Or am I wrong?

Isn't it a bit like the suppliers of unlit skips? You pay for the insurance for when someone crashes into them. I'm sure I'm not wrong with this. It's a national disgrace.

Reply to
Bill

One reason could be that some silicones release acetic acid as they cure.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice