Paper washer in engine gasket set

Anybody know where the single paper (or fibre) washer in the 300Tdi engine gasket set fits? I found the old one on the floor after taking the engine apart.

Griff

Reply to
Griff

generally paper gaskets are water related thermostat housing perhaps? easier if we know what shape it is Derek

Reply to
Derek

In message , Griff writes

How big is it ?

there is a small one on front of the timing case and a big one on the back of the timing case.

Reply to
Marc Draper