parallel/reserve LPG tanks

On or around Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:23:26 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

Same here. Mind, I'll never make much money by being self-employed, since I'm too lazy.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Me too - life would be far too dull, running your own business is far from the easy option, but the buzz is fantastic.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I like the flexible working hours when things are good but then as soon as something goes wrong its horrible when it becomes 'drop everything and work for all 24 hours of the day' (I work contracts with a guaranteed minimum time but no maximum).

Reply to
Tom Woods

They do a nice visa thing in Oz where you can get a 1 year working visa (without having to get an employer first to sponsor it) so that you can just turn up and travel/do casual work for a year. You have to be under 35 though and you can only do it once. I hope to get there in the next few years. I need to get the 101 sorted and tour some of the landmasses that i can easily drive to first though!

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:56:36 +0000, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

that's me buggered, then. 40 in a few months.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Fancy sponsoring the 101fc.net calendar for Feb?

Mother

How many months?

Double celebration at the unofficial maybe?

Reply to
Mother

Not really, it'd use very little whilst in the container. Should I ever decide upon such a holiday, I would probably only ever buy a one way ticket...

Reply to
Mother

Now tell me why you can't put a standard propane cylinder in the back and connect it with a bit of rubber tubing ? (legalities apart anything in an emergency)

Whatever happened to producer gas.

Reply to
Larry

Hum, thats probably where I'm going wrong. Though the bist of chasing and promotion I did last year has paid off a little bit. I need to chase down some commercials production houses in this neck of the woods. Commercials rates are more or less double TV rates...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You can. But it hasn't borne any of the right duty, so it would be very naughty.

We elected the retorts.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On or around Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:59:35 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

nah, birthday party at one of the local boozers, buffet, hopefully live folk-music lot. If it get arranged and I can afford it.

's on the first of April, which is conveniently a Saturday.

dossing and parking and camping space available here, if any of the usual suspects fancy coming along to make up the numbers.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm at Trefach again for an astronomy do. If its clear, I'll be there, otherwise we'll see you.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Reminds me of the health and safety cert I did some years back, some rubbish about the different colours of fire extinguishers and then they promptly go and change all the regs.

Reply to
Larry

At least the UK managed to retain a coloured panel for the different types instead of making them all one colour for all the different types.

If I want an extinguisher I want to able to select the right one quickly, without having to read the label. A row of single colour red water, foam & CO2 extiguishers and an electrical or flamable liquid fire I don't want to pick the water one by "accident".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice