Parking ding. OT.

I'm shocked!! Three weeks ago a lady backed out of a car park, out of the entrance and continued backing across the road into the front offside bumper of my parked white 6 month old 520d estate. I knew she had holed and cracked the bumper, which is most of the front of the car, but the body shop said it was worse than I suspected and showed me the wing had been bent and the headlight moved too. At first glance it didn't look that bad. Just been told the damage... lucky some girls saw her do it and she left her details... £4,000. For a parking ding. Bloody hell.

I like the loan Mini Cooper BTW what a superb Town car.

-- Regards Bob Hobden

1986 90 Utility 2.5 petrol
Reply to
Bob Hobden

Erm, what's 520d?

Reply to
William Black

BMW, mid-sized, diesel powered abomination that is very expensive to fix?

Reply to
EMB

I cant do with BMW's. never liked em dunno why.

Reply to
Nige

Why bother telling me about it then?

My view is that you either want to go very quickly, in which case you buy a Westfield or similar, or you have a lot of stuff to move, in which case you have a van, or you really do have to get there, in Which case you have a 4x4 of some kind.

My Defender is a cross between the last two.

I accept that it's a compromise, but I can't afford two vehicles.

But I have never been able to see the point of saloon cars, and haven't had one since I got rid of my Ford Anglia in 1973...

Reply to
William Black

All vehicles are a compromise, it's just where you make the compromise and for what reasons.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

A saloon car isn't really a compromise.

It does everything badly except looking good on your drive.

Reply to
William Black

"William Black" wrote

For you and what you need a vehicle for maybe, for me I can't think of any other type of vehicle that I would prefer to drive every day. The vehicles you mention are even more of a compromise in areas they were not designed to cope with as they were designed mainly for one specific purpose, whereas a saloon/estate has a wide spread of talents and is the best compromise for me as I too can't afford a number of various vehicles for specific tasks (except my old 90 allotment shed).

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Best compromise vehicle i ever bought - Audi 2.7t biturbo Allroad, it does everything you need.

Reply to
Nige

I am pleased to here that. I have just ordered a 2.0 170 BHP Allroad.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

"MuddyMike" wrote

Which are we talking about, the A4 or the A6?

-- Regards Bob Hobden

1986 90 Utility 2.5 petrol
Reply to
Bob Hobden

Mines an A6, didnt know they did an A4.

Reply to
Nige

I don't have an A-anything. What am I doing wrong?

Reply to
Dougal

"Nige" wrote

Bob Hobden

I used to have an S3, no turbo just an O/D I know someone with a D2. It has a turbo.

Reply to
hugh

A4, Its to replace my 4 Motion Passat, I would have another Passat but they don't currently offer the 4 Motion.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike