Pepping up a 200Tdi

Anbody know any cheap (ie free-ish) ways to get a bit more oomph out of a stock 200tdi?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

to up the power output to approx 140bhp with a max torqure figure 225 lb/ft!! This is achieved by modifying the cylinder head, intercooler and upping the boost to a whooping 22psi. a boost gauge confirms the increased boost and the intercooler is modified around the cowling.

- I nicked this info from a forum hehe... Z®

Reply to
ZoNeHeaD®

In message , Alex writes

Add an LPG kit

Reply to
hugh

I have posted it in the FAQ: Where do I get information about my Land Rover

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Yes, I've read that article. Perhaps if the information was presented properly, with the appropriate diagrams and the procedures were clearly and technically explained I might be tempted to muck about with my injector pump, and risk some of the associated problems that might present themselves.

However instructions like

"Usually, rotating the pin 120 degrees", "You may want to start at 90 degrees, and then go further", "clockwise from that point to 3:00 is a good place to go. Depending....... you may want to turn a little more." "Turning the star wheel down ¼ turn increments until you smoke, then back off untill the smoke has gone to your satisfaction"

do not inspire confidence or instill an understanding of how the unit functions. Quite aside from ever managing to get the vehicle through another emissions test after all these mods.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Alex wibbled :

Ah, not only more oooomph but pass emissions too?

Reply to
GbH

Like Del (Trotter) says "you pays your money etc" and the info is there sadly the diags are munged - however if you follow the thread further down it explains how to squeeze a little extra boost by simply adjusting the waste gate actuator rod which cost nowt, works quite nicely if you are running low boost - very possible on an older motor (Kato has indeed benefitted from the tweak and seems to like it)- safe if you check the boost pressure after the tweek and dont go nuts .So far as emissions go easy to revert and not likely to cause a problem. Derek Kato 200TDi Disco RRC V SE

Reply to
Derek