Pestered by kids

It is the school holidays in case you have not noticed, and whilst working on my landie I have been consistently pestered by kids, those not old enough to nick cars yet (remember I live in the badlands)

Apart from being annoyed by there persistant questioning, I am surprised by there ignorance, as to why anyone would want a car like mine that ain't fast, ain't pretty and ain't new.

Reply to
Larry

Some T**T tried to steal my series 3 smashed the window broke the ignition but could not start it. The Gas on switch is the dial light switch and the petrol tap is on the floor always off when their is gas in the tank. Must have really confused them especially in the dark.

Why did they want to nick it? (Who knows) Maybe wanted it as a slow getaway car, or just wanted to put some petrol in it and see how far it went, or maybe they thought a green series 3 with white doors and bonnet wouldn't look suspicious in Dewsbury at 2am in the morning whilst joy riding or just plain thick.........

Adrian Ford

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry" Newsgroups: alt.fan.landrover Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 10:42 PM Subject: Pestered by kids

Reply to
Adrian Ford

I guess there are T leaves these days who don't even know what a choke is. It would be truly stupid to smash a window when a screwdriver will open any series 3 .

Reply to
Larry

I get this all the time at work. Picture the scene: Me standing inside an escalator. There are steps from said Esc all over the place. Me and my mate having a bad day, much head scratching going as to why this thing wont work. All we get is "Is it broke Mister?" I just turn round and glare at them. Of course it's broken, do you think I do this for fun!!!. Oh and they think it is really funny to keep on stopping the Escalators by pressing the emergency stop button.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

Thank your lucky stars they don/t know any better, just think up would go insurance, residual values and so on. Pretty .....well beauty is in the eye of the beholder, new .... well who wants depreciation at a nutty rate, fast ...... well we were all young once and is'nt it better to scrape them off the tow bar with good brakes than dig them out of the bonnet ?

Reply to
Hirsty's

Did they look like anyone on this site?

Arsewipes galore.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Over the winter I rebuilt my series 3 on the drive way (never again!)

The local kids (8-12 year olds) asked questions like what's up with your jeep mate and so on. However after 3 month of educating these kids little by little each day the question improved. Have you stopped the hub seal from leaking, did you get the stud out of the bell housing and "my dad said why the hell are you doing that in the dark while its raining?"

Either the next generation of car thieves or Land Rover enthusiasts!

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

Hmm, the people in dewbury are strange - they will nick anything (have you seen the stockpile of nicked and abandoned stuff in Dewsbury moor recently>). Some hooters broke into my mates car while we were in the pub (Ravens Wharfe if you know it) on wednesday - took all our scout groups account books and a load of cd's - not sure why they would want books full of useless numbers (no account numberts in it!)

Reply to
Chris Naylor

Interesting. I was not aware of what a "chav" was untill now, I've always referred to them by the somewhat clearer moniker of "dickheads"

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Screwdriver! This is Dewsbury all screwdrivers have been weighed in for scrap.Bricks are free and easily obtainable and come in all shapes and sizes. We don't have a Drug problem here there's plenty of it about.

Reply to
Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

Don't have anything to do with them as such - go drinking on a Wednesday with a few of the leaders there (Dave Thornton + Mike (captain Kayak) robson. I'm involved more with 16th Dews (westborough methodist church one) as a cub leader.

hmm, library fines - reminds me must return my library books tomorrow!

Reply to
Chris Naylor