Petrolbusters?

I've been trying to find a site that was all the rage during the fuel crisis, called something like Petrolbusters - basically, you put in your postcode and it tells you the cheapest petrol in your area. The only thing I can find is a reference to

and this appears to be a dead link. There is no trace of petrol price comparisons on the AA website. Anyone know the URL of this site, or has it died?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

You got the right site, unfortunately the AA recently stopped the service. I'm unaware of anything equivalant

Si

Reply to
Si

so Si was, like...

Right, thanks. Bit of a shame, given the recent price hikes, though.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Recently they've been higher than they were during the protests, so it's a double shame that the websites have all gone away!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Just curious, but is the amount of duty that's paid on road fuel (petrol) recoverable from Gordon Brown? My lawn mower runs on petrol. It's not a ride-on, although it *is* self-propelled, and certainly never gets used on the road. So, can I recover the road-fuel duty from a gallon of petrol bought for my lawn mower?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

......and my WeedWacker, and my chain saw, and my portable generator, and my hedge trimmer

Reply to
Steve

Interesting point, I suppose there must be a way but I'd not fancy your chances...

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

I think so, but it ain't easy. If you have a dig about on the HMC&E site (not that they are called that now)

you should be able to find out the hoops you have to jump through. A quick look only showed me the hoops to jump through if I wanted to pay the duty and use rebated oils (eg Red) in a road vehicle.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

i know that there is supposed to be a countrywide boycott of petrol stations on 19th may , for the whole day .

in other words everyone is being asked not to buy any fuel on the 19th may , this will cost the oil giants in this country a tidy sum .

the govt wont lower fuel prices even though there is serious public concern over the the cost of fuel .

in the usa its 25p per litre and thats considered expensive and taxed to the hilt .

good old tony blair, glad i didnt vote for him .

Reply to
m0bcg

Most people didn't, but we've still been lumbered with him.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

It won't cost the oil companies a penny, because the fuel used will be identical. It will cause queues the day before and after, and no net affect on profit or cashflow.

Had they done it on the last day of a month it would have made a bit more impact, but nothing of note. Besides, it isn't the oil companies that get most of the proceeds from fuel sales....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

No because it's excise duty not road fuel duty. It is illegal to run your car on the road on untaxed fuel ( red diesel etc) but you can run your lawn mower on it ( if it had a diesel engine). Hence boats can run on red diesel, or anything else that will burn for that matter such as veg oil, quite legally. At the moment.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB