Ping Nikki

Nikki, you got your Disco converted yet? Finally got to the root of the problems with mine, was nothing to do with the gas system (OMVL Dream xx1N) in the end, it was an engine management issue that only showed up on gas for some weird reason! The ECU hadn't set all it's adaptive rpm/crank sensor settings correctly, which in turn was causing it not to report misfire fault codes due to a suspect coil pack!! We were all convinced it was a gas fuelling issue due to the lack of misfire fault codes.. ah well, fixed now at least. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:19:51 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

I'm more than ever convinced of the merits of carbs and distributors :-)

glad you got it sorted finally though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I sometimes wonder myself...... :-)

YOU'RE glad? I wish it'd been sorted towing that behemoth of a trailer back up North matey, that was sore on the wallet! Glad I did though, it's been used in anger twice already. I'm just glad it's finally sorted now, was a bit annoying to say the least having 72ltrs of LPG in the boot and not being able to use any of it. (Dons steel umberella in anticipation of various "tight Jock" cheap shots) ;-) Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:40:35 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

jolly good. You may want to hunt a better pump one day - that was a vague plan I had, never acted on. The one that's on it is only just up to the job

- 's ok if you're only loading light-ish things, but it was a bit of an effort with land rovers.

You'll also probably find that the pump has only just enough oil in it, and if it loses any, it won't pump all the way up. You can however add extra half-way through the process :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

During stardate Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:40:35 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" uttered the imortal words:

I took 60 litres of French LPG across France and spain due to my LPG system taking a holiday of it's own.

Your wallet has my deepest sympathy.

Super releif to get it sorted after.

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

My sympathy was deep in my wallet! Badger.

Reply to
Badger