Pioneer tools and other accessories

That 90 of mine... I'm looking for the appropriate pioneer tools to bolt on at the back. It's got all the mountings, but the spade and pickaxe are missing. Any idea where I can get the right kind?

Apart from that, I'm thinking of a few other modifications, but being new at this I'm not entirely sure where to get the bits or how to do the mods. Any hints, tips or other ideas would be appreciated!

INSIDE: Cabin heater (Possibly) insulation in the back Two lighter sockets Centre console with armrest, CD changer, storage space, stereo, PA and com radio. And mug holders. (Possibly) blackout curtains

OUTSIDE: Extra lighting, either on the bumper or the roof Worklight(s) at the back and (possibly) sides

Also want to figure out some way of attaching a magnetic-based rotating beacon on the roof without having to attach a rod on the side. Is there any safe way of attaching, say, a steel plate to the roof without leaving any obvious marks?

Thanks!

Reply to
Torak

For the beacon, a thin sheet of steel (say a biscuit tin chopped up) glued to the inside of the roof with Pritt Stick would do the job.

If you get the right centre console then it will probably have 4 "lighter" sockets built in - there is a company whose name I can't remember do the rounds of all the shows selling a utility cubby for 90s which does a lot of what you want - the cubby box and the centre console are different units though.

For mug holders, you could do a lot worse than the £2.99 at Halfords ones that just slip into the window gap, although I found some fold-up ones that screw to any vertical surface and are rock solid - just don't be tempted to do what I did with one of them and screw it in through the base - at that point its entire purpose isto make suggestions which way the cup will be thrown.

For the pioneer tools, try Anchor Supplies

carry almost everything the UK military have ever used. P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

pioneer tools - anchor supplies

centre console armrest thingy, either make your own out of plywood covered with carpet or try cubby boxes from simmonites (£69.95 or £182.13).

lighter sockets, cup holders, exterior lighting - motor factors (I use a local farm supplies place for alot of stuff too).

for lighting on the roof either a single roof-bar or a roof-rack, you can run the wiring foen the corner of the windscreen into the engine bay.

magnetic rotating beacon - you need some steel for it to anchor too, get some nice strong glue and stick a sheet of steel onto the inside of the roof, hidden by headlining or painted as appropriate, the big magnet on a beacon should hold fine that way. or fit it to a roof rack as above.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.