Please help: Discovery 1996 4.0L (US) Starting problem

Hello, I have been trying to figure out the problem with my Land Rover Discovery 1996 4.0L (US), can someone help? Here is the problem:

One day when I was driving to work my car just stop, died on me. I can crank the engine and the starter does crank the engine. There seems to be no power to the fuel pump, fuel injector or ignition coils/sprak plugs when I try to start.

I believe it has to do with some immobilizer problem. The thing is that I have been reading about that dreaded "spider" immobilizer (the one under the radio), but it seems like at least for my car, there isn't one. I rip apart the front dash hoping it was there but I guess the US models dont have one under the radio but incorperated to some other component?

Can someone please give me a suggestion in how I can fix it? I am short on cash and hoping for a way to remove this immobilizer feature all together. I was sooo hoping that I have that "spider" immobilizer so I could of hot-wired it, but since I have not, I'm have no idea what to do. Open to suggestions. Thank you in advance.

-Ram

Reply to
Rä