Plunger thingy under steering column

Hello all, I have been fitting reversing sensors and a Nokia handsfree kit to the 96 V8i Disco today and found a "plunger" with two wires connected to it and a rubber pipe - like all blokes do I have pressed it to see what it does and nothing running or not - just curious as to what it is ?

I think the two wires were purple.

Reply to
StaffBull

Sounds like a cruise control cut-off switch.

Reply to
SimonJ

Reply to
StaffBull

There should be 2 of those plungers, one on the clutch and one on the brake pedal, set so that the plunger is pressed in when the pedal is released, and the plunger comes out (and shuts off the cruise) when either pedal is touched..

Reply to
SimonJ

Thanks, more contortions under the dash for next weekend then!! Cruise is the only thing not working on it ( for now!!!)

Reply to
StaffBull