Pollen Filters on P38

How long should they last in normal use?? Mine have only lasted 4000 miles & they are filthy.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

they are filthy.

Couple of years I think is normal. Depends on conditions you are driving in tho I guess.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Depends on your definition of both 'normal use' and 'filthy' If your 'normal use' is constantly following a couple of ADT's* along the trail of a major gas pipeline project with the blower flat-out, then I expect that the filter will become 'filthy' [by any definition] within a few days. However, if 'normal' means gunning up 'clean' paved motorways in humid and relatively dust free conditions, then the filter will be fine, though not necessarily 'clean' for a year or more. Methinks you may be the worrying kind. Relax and chill out.

Huw

  • Articulated Dump Truck
Reply to
Huw

No, i dont worry, i am asking as i supplied a set for the garage who 'serviced' the car last time & I dont think they fit them.

I do motorway & round town 99.9% of the time.

hhhhmmm

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Nige came up with the following;:

'kin 'ell, Nige, didn't you get a friggin' 'andbook or what?????

;)

"For my next trick, I'll knit a cardigan ... anyone got a pattern? ...

... and some wool?"

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Need needles?

Reply to
GbH

"Nige" >

Air around cars is never 'clean'. Not in wet or dry weather. There is always dust and dirt. If your filter was 'clean' after 4000 miles then it would not be doing its job. Being 'dirty' is, however, relative. An air filter is most efficient when partially 'dirty' because the dirt itself filters more dirt up to the point that the air flow is unduly and unacceptably restricted. Chill out and watch Emmerdale and stop twatting about trying to find faults in your car and your garage's honesty.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I'm taking your comments in the way i'm sure you meant them, but I asked a simple civil question really. The air filter is semi clean, but the pollen filters are incredibly dirty to the point of chunks of dirt falling off them.

Thats's all!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Ah! 'Chunks' is a different kettle of dirt. 'Chunks' sounds *really* 'dirty'. It shouldn't be like that. 'Chunks' suggest that it hasn't been changed in yonks.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I'm so glad that real people watch Emmerdale. It gives all my efforts on it some sense of meaning. B-)

-- Dave Liquorice MIBS snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com Broadcast Sound Engineer pam is missing e-mail Alston, Cumbria, UK "It's all right leaving me."

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

People work on it? I thought it was a documentary, you know, like The Office :)

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Nobody mentioned *listening* to emmerdale...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The pictures are no good without the sound. B-)

And yes it is a "fly on the wall" doco, just look how it sticks to reality with all the cars seen or used no older than 3 years at the very most.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I used to watch TV while playing music, using subtitles to follow what was going on. I've gone one step further now and don't watch telly ;-)

Not that there's any product placement or anything going on!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

simple civil question really.

the point of chunks of dirt

Nige, Just to satisfy you, I'll pull mine out and describe their condition! I changed them 2 years ago and haven't looked at them since. I've now done 14,000 miles too, so I should have chunks on them?!! Will let you know tomorrow. BTW - Don't go looking for faults on a P38, it won't ever let you get away without finding any!

Alan C

Reply to
alan.cutler

simple civil question really.

the point of chunks of dirt

Yuk! They were really 'orrible! Leaves and dead spiders, very black, and full of "lumps" of dirt. Think I need another pair. I'd guess yours haven't been changed in a while then?

Alan C

Reply to
alan.cutler

Exactly my thoughts!

Anyway, better to have cleaner ones on as too much crud cant be too good for motors etc.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

for motors etc.

=A313.94 each inc VAT from Rimmer Brothers plus postage, =A313.49 a pair inc postage from Island 4x4. Not going to be genuine, but they're a simple filter. Ebay item number 4653421389.

Reply to
alan.cutler

Techinically it's not "product placement" as the cars don't have to be used and there is no this one must be used over that one etc.

What must pee of who ever supplies the Defenders that the sound crews and sparks have is that they are *never* allowed in shot. Of all the vehicles there the Defenders must be the one you'd most expect to see in a country village, not brand new hot hatches or sporty coupes...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice